Discuss what you see as the most striking, powerful, memorable, or interesting features of one of this week’s stories: “The Story of an Hour” or “The Lottery.” Why did this element leave an impression on you? What storytelling choices did the author make to help this story have the maximum effect?
2) How do Louise Mallard from “The Story of an Hour” and Tessie Hutchinson from “The Lottery” compare in terms of characterization?
3) What connections, if any, did you find between these stories? How might they relate to one another in terms of theme?
Task 1: Initial Post
1) Create a new discussion topic on or before the required date/time by clicking the ‘**REPLY HERE**’ post
2) Clearly state which prompt question you have chosen to answer
3) Develop a substantive main post addressing your chosen prompt in full (if there is more than one question in the prompt, answer them all)
4) Your initial post must be at least 150 words in length and provide textual evidence
5) You must provide a properly formatted citation for the story or stories you have chosen