PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
– Please cite your work in your responsesDiscussion Topic 1 — Equal Opportunity and Interviewing
– Please use APA (7th edition) formatting
– All questions and each part of the question should be answered in detail (Go into depth)
– Response to questions must demonstrate understanding and application of concepts covered in class,
– Use in-text citations and at LEAST 2 resources per discussion from the school materials that I provided to support all answers.
– The use of course materials to support ideas is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
– Responses MUST be organized (Should be logical and easy to follow)
– Include at least 2 references and include in-text citations.
Minimum 2 Pages
(1) Provide two examples of interview questions that are considered discriminatory and that should not be asked by an employer of a candidate/potential employee during a job interview. (2) Explain what are the relevant employment laws that prohibit these questions? (3) Describe the rationale behind why these two interview questions should not be asked in an job interview. (4) How should the HR professional handle a situation when a discriminatory question is asked during an interview?
Use a minimum of one HR/legal reference. Here are two references to get you started.
Discussion Topic 2 — HR Professional Code of Ethics
Discuss what is important to HR professionals as it relates to the SHRM Code of Ethics. What does the concept of professional responsibility mean to you?
Here is one reference to get you started.