Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 4: Social and Cultural Environments, and Chapter 5: The Political, Legal, and Regulatory Environments. You will be referring to these required readings to answer the discussion directives listed below. Additionally, browse through all three categories in Procter & Gamble’s BrandsLinks to an external site. webpage.
For this discussion, you will assume you are the global marketing VP of Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Cola, two highly successful global brands. Select one of the two companies and a country to operate in. Watch the following videos as they will help you to gain some insight on the companies:
- Davos 2011 Muhtar Kent, CEO, CocaColaLinks to an external site.
- PepsiCo Success Story | List of Brands PepsiCo Owns | How PepsiCo Got So BIG ??Links to an external site.
For your initial post, address the following directives, and support your answers using theories discussed in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of your text:
- Explain your selected country’s society and their culture.
- What are the differences and similarities of their culture to the culture of the United States?
- Determine what social, cultural, political, or legal or regulatory characteristics you would need to take advantage of to avoid unneeded and costly adaptations of the marketing mix.
- Using examples, what theories in Chapter 4 support your conclusions?
- Create a short strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis, and list three key points in each area of your SWOT AnalysisLinks to an external site. that you believe are most important to understand and recognize for successfully sustaining your brand and business in that country. Focus primarily on global environment criteria related to your company (i.e., economic, trade, social and cultural, political, legal, and regulatory environments).
Your initial discussion post should be 250 words. Do not forget to cite your textbook and any other sources used to support your ideas. You may refer to University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA StyleLinks to an external site. resource for assistance.
This discussion must include a SWOT-analysis