Most states have laws requiring mandatory reporting for suspicion of child abuse as a condition of professional licensure. Research the law in which you plan to be licensed as an RN and consider the information as you respond to this discussion. ***West Virginia (WV) is where I will have my license***
Read the following resources:
- Muller, L. & Fink-Samnick, E. (2015)Mandatory Reporting: Let’s Clear Up the Confusion.Professional Case Management, 20(4), 199-203. DOI: 10.1097/NCM.0000000000000102
- Office of Children and Family Services (2014).Summary Guide for Mandated Reports in New York State. Rensselaer, NY: New York State Office of Children & Family Services. Retrieved from: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/publications/pub1159text.asp
Using your readings and the resources above address the following in your initial response (minimum of 250 words):
- Discuss the common ethical and legal implications of mandatory reporting for nurses regardless of the state in which a tered Nurse practices.
- Do the mandatory reporting laws ensure children will be protected? Explain your response.
- How would the RN overcome the feeling of hesitation to report suspected child abuse?
***Must be at least 250 words, APA format, and in-text citations***