FOCUSED ACTIVITY 6 INSTRUCTIONS
Answer the following questions in 1–2 pages in 12-point font and double-spaced. Format the paper in question and answer style. Answers should be in complete sentences and in your own words. Provide citations with specific answers and a reference list, at the end, in current APA format.
Use your textbook to learn more about Health Education as a profession. Visit NCHEC to answer the following questions:
1. What is a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)?
2. How does one go about becoming a CHES?
3. Why is it important for a health educator to become certified?
4. What are the responsibilities expected of health educators?
5. How do you see yourself fulfilling at least 1 of the responsibilities of health educators (even if you plan on a different career field)?
6. Browse the “job postings” tab to find CHES preferred/required job listings. Summarize a job description that looks interesting to you; explain why you are interested, and what more you would need to do to be eligible to apply. Add any further comments/questions you may have after exploring NCHEC and Health Education.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 7.