. Your role is as the chief administrative officer of a large non-profit health relief organization.
Prepare an 8 to 10 page paper, plus references, on the following topic:
You are in the role of a chief administrative officer for a large non-profit health relief organization. A board of directors has requested that you prepare a summary of the issues about how to solve the health needs of an African country. Your organization has limited funding and will need to obtain subsidized medicine from major pharmaceutical companies. They also have the opportunity to get non-generic, non-USDA approved, alternative stem cell-derived medication from foreign sources.
Prepare a report for the mayor and city council on your proposed expenditure plan reflecting on the key course objectives. In this report, you should accomplish the following tasks:
· Examine the differences between the public and private sector accounting principles.
· Integrate fund accounting and financial controls.
· Assess the approaches of control and management of public expenditures with a recommendation of the best approach.
· Explain government financial reporting requirements.
· Analyze financial statements and budgets to make appropriate administrative decisions, and apply the budgets as a disciplinary process.
The Final Paper
· Must be at least 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper in bold font
· Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
· Student’s name
· Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Due date
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.) , refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least 3 scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Ives, M., Patton, T., Patton, S. (2013). Introduction to governmental and not-for-profit accounting (7th ed.). Pearson.
· Chapter 13: Accounting for Health Care Organizations
· Chapter 14: Analysis of Financial Statements and Financial Condition
· The full-text version of this ebook is available in your online classroom through the VitalSource platform.