Unit 1 Discussion 2 PICOT question — 800 words due 3/8/22
Read the article “Asking the clinical question: A key step in evidence-based practice (Links to an external site.).” The article is attached.
After reading the article, create your own PICOT question around the topic you selected that will be used for your Unit 2 Introduction to an Evidence-Based Practice Problem. In your discussion post, complete the following 2 questions :——-(I have already selected the PICOT question it is located below).
1. Share and discuss your created PICOT question. (I have already selected the PICOT question it is located below).
2. Describe your selected topic and its significance (500 words).
Topic selected: The effects of proning therapy in COVID 19 patients.
For COVID-19 positive patients, has the use of proning therapy been effective in reducing mortality and intubation rates?
P: Covid- 19 positive patients with the ICU.
I: Proning therapy
C: supine position
O: Reduced intubation & mortality of COVID-19 patients
T: during hospital admittance.
What is PICOT?
To formulate questions in Evidence Based Practice, use the PICOT format.
PICOT stands for:
· Population/ Patient Problem: Who is your patient? (Disease or Health status, age, race, sex)
· Intervention: What do you plan to do for the patient? (Specific tests, therapies, medications)
· Comparison: What is the alternative to your plan? (ie. No treatment, different type of treatment, etc.)
· Outcome: What outcome do you seek? (Less symptoms, no symptoms, full health, etc.)
· Time: What is the time frame? (This element is not always included.)
Your PICOT question will fall under one of these types:
The documents in the box on the left to find which level of research is appropriate for your type of PICOT question.