- Session 1: Maintaining Accurate Employee Records—In this session, you identify, and elaborate upon, four reasons for maintaining accurate and objective employee records.
- Session 2: Ethical and Legal Termination—In this session, you examine the legal and ethical aspects of selecting and terminating an employee out of a group of people with similar performance, behaviors, and jobs as a part of a broad-ranging cost saving initiative. Employee differences:
- One has a disability.
- One is paid significantly more than others.
- One is 60 years of age and older than the others.
- One is planning on soon taking an extended family leave
- Session 3: Succession Planning—In this session, you recommend a process to identify and groom an internal candidate to move into a senior-level leadership position in a health care organization such as CEO, COO, and CFO.
Consider the scenario above and imagine that your audience is a group of department managers. Write an executive summary that introduces the topics in an introductory paragraph and then describes the content to be delivered in each of the three sessions in detail.
Your work will be measured against the following criteria:
- Identify, and elaborate upon, four reasons for maintaining accurate and objective employee records.
- Analyze the legal implications or requirements of a termination decision. (Make sure to reference specific statutes or laws that govern this area of employment law.)
- Analyze the ethical facets of a termination decision. (Make sure to reference an ethical framework to support your assertions or positions.)
- Recommend and justify a process to identify and groom a candidate for a senior-level position.