I believe some strategic objectives necessary in order for a global manager to be prepared and explore the opportunity to expand business in a foreign country are:
- Evaluate the organization structure needed to successfully execute your strategy.
- Develop policies, procedures, and handbooks that comply with local requirements while maintaining balance with overall company policies.
- Develop competitive benefits programs to attract qualified local employees.
Establish a Go-to-Market Strategy
- Determine your optimum sales model: direct, indirect, OEM, distributor, hybrid?
- Determine your sales methodology: solution, feature, consultative, price?
- Determine if a new brand will be created or whether you will use the parent brand.
- Create localized commercial agreements.
- Review industry-specific regulations to ensure compliance and certifications are obtained if needed.
- 5 months ago