BBA221 MARKETING RESEARCH Task brief & rubrics
Task – Midterm individual assignment
You receive an RFP from the company Ben’s Cookies. They want you to conduct marketing research about their company and customers’ experience. Elaborate
research in which you achieve all the objectives included in this proposal, and clearly point out to how you answer this and where you got the information from:
1. General associations and perceptions of the brand. What are their main competitors? What do they do better/worse than them? What is a list of 10
keywords that customers associate with the company? Write a paragraph or two explaining the general perception that customers have about the
2. Assess the level of customer satisfaction and individual factors driving high or low satisfaction. This means that you need to collect information about
how happy or dissatisfied customers are, as well as explaining what factors make them be satisfied with the brand/product and what elements decrease
3. Understand better the customers’ experience consistency across all London shops. To do this, think about and explain what type of research you’ll do:
quantitative, qualitative, etc. Relying on secondary data, what is the experience of customers like in these shops? Is it consistent across all London
locations? If you could conduct primary research, would you do a focus group or a survey? Why? What type of sample would you choose? Outline 5
questions that you would ask them that are aligned with their experience in the shops.
Remember that is important that you justify your answers and include in-text citations throughout the submitted document, as seen in class, as well as a list of
references. This directly affects the quality and credibility of your work.
• Wordcount: 2000 words.
• Font: Arial 11,5 pts. Line spacing: 1,5.
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
Submission: Week 6 – Sunday 6th of March 2022 at 23:59h (CET).
Weight: This task is 40% of your total grade for this subject. It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Outcome 1: evaluate the extent to which strategic marketing decisions or business needs of a company have an impact on the design of marketing
research and the formulation of consumer behavior questionnaires.
• Outcome 2: identify the sampling methods and procedures and determine the sampling sizes.
• Outcome 3: apply the appropriate research design methods to obtain insights into the marketing research problems or opportunities.
Exceptional 90-100 Good 80-89 Fair 70-79 Marginal fail 60-69
Knowledge: Brand associations and
The general associations and perceptions of the brand are very well assessed, competitors are identified and very well analysed. The explanation of the perception of the brand is clear and solid.
The general associations and perceptions of the brand are well assessed, competitors are identified and well analysed. The explanation of the perception of the brand is overall.
The general associations and perceptions of the brand included, and competitors are identified but could be further analysed. The explanation of the perception of the brand could be improved.
The general associations and perceptions of the brand are not very well assessed, missing important competitors and pertinent analysis. The explanation of the perception of the brand is rather vague.