The Discussion Assignment:
Chapter 6: Etruscan and Roman Art
“Portraits of Couples”
PORTRAIT OF A MARRIED COUPLE. Wall painting from Pompeii. Mid 1st century CE. Height 25 1⁄2“
Compare this fresco portrait of a married couple from Pompeii with posed portraits of couples that you might see today. Focus both on the relationship between the marriage partners and on their relationship with you as a viewer. What is the same today? What has changed? Make specific comparisons between the Pompeiian and contemporary works to make your points.
· Participating in the discussion forum by the due date will mark students as “present”. Students who do not participate will be marked as absent.
· Typed. Spelling and grammar count
· Students must use their own words, do not quote the text or copy from the text.
· Comment on two classmates methods with questions and responses to their answers.
· Worth 100 points total.
A successful answer (receiving the full 100 points) will – – –
· Be written at the college level
· Edited for spelling and grammar
· Written in the student’s own words (no copying/pasting and/or plagiarism)
· Will include content from the reading and from the student’s opinions