Clinical Field Experience A: Observation Template
While you are observing, take notes about the following elements of classroom learning environments:
· The classroom management theories and strategies that are implemented.
· How the classroom is arranged.
· How the accessibility and safety needs of all students are met.
· How the learning needs of all students are met. (If students without disabilities are present, also consider how the learning needs of all students are balanced in the mixed setting.)
· What the social expectations are for the students present.
· How students are encouraged to be themselves, and be respectful of other students.
· How the learning environment is designed to encourage active participation in individual and group activities.
· Whether the least intensive behavior management strategy is used and is consistent with the needs of individuals with disabilities.
· How legal and ethical considerations are addressed, including how confidential student data is handled.
· How paraeducators, volunteers, and tutors support are structured, directed, and supported to create positive learning environments.
© 2019. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.