Information Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
· Chapter 5 – study questions 1-9, Exercise 1 & 3
Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:
· Chapter 5 – Review the Roles of Line Management and Social Network and Information Technology sections. Address the various roles in the organization and note the similarities and differences within each role. Also, address how innovation technology management shapes how we communicate amongst coworkers within an organization.
The above submission should be one-page in length and adhere to APA formatting standards.
**Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**
Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.
1. What were the first four locations hooked up to the Internet (ARPANET)?
2. What does the term packet mean?
3. Which came first, the Internet or the World Wide Web?
4. What was revolutionary about Web 2.0?
5. What was the so-called killer app for the Internet?
6. What does the term VoIP mean?
7. What is a LAN?
8. What is the difference between an intranet and an extranet?
9. What is Metcalfe’s Law?
1. What is the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web? Create at least three statements that identify the differences between the two.
3. Pretend you are planning a trip to three foreign countries in the next month. Consult your wireless carrier to determine if your mobile phone would work properly in those countries. What would the costs be? What alternatives do you have if it would not work?