Review the case study in the video Psychiatric Interventions for Teaching: Depression . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YhpWZCdiZc
Based on the case study, answer the following questions.
· Identify the target symptoms/problems.
· What additional subjective and objective information would you gather?
· Which psychiatric symptoms are a treatment priority for this case?
· List one medication that would be appropriate for this case. Include the name and starting dose.
· What is your rationale for choosing this medication? What is the mechanism of action for your medication choice?
· What laboratory testing/monitoring is needed for safely prescribing this medication?
· Are there any contraindications or safety issues associated with this medication?
· What are the safety concerns, if any, associated with this case? How will you address safety?
· When would you follow up with this patient?