Go to the Crime Prevention Council (BRÅ) Home – Brottsförebyggande rådet (bra.se)to see some statistics on crime. It is the best source we have available. When it comes to crime, there are many problems, for example that there is a large number of blacks when it comes to certain crimes that are not always reported to the police. When it comes to lethal violence, the figures are still quite reliable because they can be checked against the medical records.
In recent years, firearm violence, not least in Stockholm, has become a major problem, but overall the number of fatal violence has decreased since the 1990s. We hope to be able to present more statistics next week, but feel free to look around on BRÅ’s page.
Here are some simple questions to answer based on the numbers and facts contained in the brochure.
Brå’s report on confirmed cases of lethal violence in 2021
2. What proportion of those who fell victim to lethal violence were men?
3. What percentage of those who fell victim to lethal violence were shot?
4. What percentage of those who fell victim to lethal violence were children?
5. Of the years 2002-2021, which year was the most victim and which year was the least (least number)?
6. Is there anything in the statistics that surprises you?