Interview a perinatal, pediatric, oncology, or adult health nurse…
Interview a perinatal, pediatric, oncology, or adult health nurse about his or her experience with the death of a patient. Prepare a paper addressing the following points:
- The nurse’s feelings when the death occurred and afterward.
- Measures he or she used to deal with his or her feelings about death.
- How he or she supported the family who experienced the loss.
- Cultural norms of the family regarding death that were met
- How the perinatal or neonatal nurse helped the family suffering a fetal or neonatal loss “make memories”. If you speak with an adult health nurse, describe how they make special memories for the family.
- Resources available to nurses and health care workers to assist them after the death of the patient.