1. Prior to surgery, the health care provider chooses to place Mrs….
1. Prior to surgery, the health care provider chooses to place Mrs. Damerae’s right leg in Buck’s extension traction). is this Intervention
prescribed prior to surgery?
2. A trochanter roll is another option for Mrs. Darnerae. What is ætrochanter roll and how would it be useful?
3, How might Mrs. Damerae’s age affect her hospitalization and recovery?
- Briefly discuss how Mrs. Damerae’s past medical history played a role in her injury.
- Mrs. Damerae’s surgeon informs her of the potential complicaüons of hip surgery. Identify at least three complicaüons the surgeon wrill address.
- Prioritize five nursing diagnoses appropriate for Mrs. Damerae following surgery.
- Explain how the nurse should move Mrs. Damerae in order to position her sdely on her side to wash her back
- Thu nurse applies graduated compression stockings (TEDs) and sequential compression
J.deviCes (SCDs) as prescribed. is the rationale foy these intententions?
- Mrs. Damerae asks for assistance to the bathroom. The nurse checks to see that the appropriate equipment is available m the bathroom before assisting the client to ambulate. What is the nurse looking for in the bathroom?
- Mrs. Damerae is assisted back to bed. She asks that the head of her bed be raised-so she can read. How high should the head of the bed be raised and why?
- Mrs.-Damerae is seated In a.reclining chair. What reminders will the nurse give Mrs. Damerae regarding positioning while sitting and why is positioning so important?
- Identify the indications of a possible hip dislocation that the nurse should watch for.