This assignment will help students learn the skill of interpreting graphs by using an example from ecology (wolf, moose and tree study).
It is best if students print the attached assignment. Use a ruler to draw lines so that your readings on number of wolves, moose and diameter of trees is accurate. Drawing lines without ruler will give inaccurate results. Grading in this assignment is based on accuracy of data and valid interpretation. Students must upload the entire document with response. Student may print the document, fill in answers with pen and upload image or can type in response and then upload the document.
This assignment is worth 3% towards class. It is due by 5.00 pm, Tuesday, 19th October. Upload response to BB.
Navneet Kaur Kingsborough Community College, CUNY Bio 1
Use the graph above and write the data from graph in table below:
|Year||Number of Wolves||Number of Moose||Average growth in tress|
Based on the above numbers, answer the following questions:
1. What change did you observe in wolf population from 1970-1980’s?
(Mention if it increased or decreased)
2. What change did you observe in moose population from 1970-1980’s?
3. What change did you observe in tree growth from 1970-1980’s?
4. Try to explain the increase / decrease in number/ growth of each species.
Based on the above number, answer the following questions:
5. What change did you observe in wolf population from 1980-1990’s?
6. What change did you observe in moose population from 1980-1990’s?
7. What change did you observe in tree growth from 1980-1990’s?
8. Explain the increase / decrease in number/ growth of each species.