For this assignment, you are to watch the two brief but thought-provoking videos in this course module. Then, you are to reflect on your experience and respond to the following prompts. Please, include the question prompt and its number accordingly.
Video #1: Cracking the Codes: Unconscious Bias
- Describe unconscious bias. Be sure to include at least three specific examples of information discussed by the different presenters. (3 points)
- Describe how unconscious bias could have an impact on classroom behavior management. Be sure to include at least three specific examples discussed in the video and include two examples of your own. (5 points)
- Identify at least 3 things that you believe you could do as a teacher to overcome unconscious bias with respect to classroom behavior management. (3 points)
Video #2: Cracking the Codes: Olivia Araiza, Inequity in Education
- Briefly discuss the experiences that Olivia Araiza had in her community that made her proud (at least three) and how her pride was deflated when she went to school in detail. (6 points)
- Identify at least 3 steps that schools could take to help to reduce the inequity in schools as discussed by Olivia Araiza. (3 points)