Due in 48 hours
Beck Manufacturing and Plant Capacity
Read the “Beck Manufacturing” case study in Chapter 8 of your text. In a three- to four-page paper, address the following:
· Calculate the capacity of each machine center and the capacity of the system.
· Analyze where the focus of the company’s efforts should be if Beck wants to expand capacity. Determine how much extra capacity he can get without causing another operation to become the bottleneck.
· Suggest ways Beck can expand capacity without purchasing new equipment.
Your paper should be in paragraph form (avoid the use of bullet points) and supported with the concepts outlined in your text and additional scholarly sources.
Submit your three- to four-page paper (not including the title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center and must cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
Vonderembse, M. A., & White, G. P. (2013). Operations management . Bridgepoint Education.
· Chapter 7: Facility Location and Process Selection
· Chapter 8: Capacity Decisions
July, E. (Producer) & Rodrigo, J. M. (Director). (2003). Business is blooming: The international floral industry (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from the Films On Demand database.
· Watch the following segments:
· Anticipating Flower Market Demand
· Ecuador: King in the Flower World
· Ecuador’s Flower Production
· Exporting Flowers from Ecuador
American Society for Quality. (n.d). Pareto chart (Links to an external site.) . Retrieved from http://asq.org/learn-about-quality/cause-analysis-tools/overview/pareto.html
American Society for Quality. (n.d). Six sigma (Links to an external site.) . Retrieved from http://asq.org/sixsigma/