This project will give you the opportunity to examine different sex-offender legislation and the effectiveness of these policies on offenders and our communities.
Examine three of the following sex-offender laws/policies:
• Megan’s Law
• Pam Lychner Sex Offender Tracking and Identification Act
• Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994
• Campus Sex Crime Prevention Act
• Civil commitment laws
• Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act of 1994
• Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006
Write a minimum two-page full in length report that answers the following questions:
1. Discuss the elements of each sex-offender policy you chose.
2. How did each law impact offenders and victims?
3. How did each law impact criminal justice involvement?
4. Evaluate the effectiveness of each law. How well has each law worked?
5. Recommend changes that can improve each law.
Locate research in the Waldorf Online Library to support the assertions within your response. Use APA style to format your response, proofread your work, and then submit your assignment.