FYou are required to produce an academic report of 3000 words (+/-5%), excluding appendices and references. The report should use appropriate concepts taken from this course and your own research to provide critical appraisal of one of the following: • A project or situation at your current place of work. • A project or situation at a previous workplace of yours. • A project or situation at a workplace where you are not working and have not worked previously, but to which you have suitable access for this assessment. There are a number of projects you could choose (i.e. the building of Hollyrood, HS2, London Olympics etc), use your imagination. You must provide an appropriate background of the concepts of Budgets and Financial Control, using literature in the proper manner. You should provide a brief description of the situation you will be using for your critical appraisal. These are both necessary conditions but are not sufficient. You must the link the concepts to the situation you are appraising and use the concepts to provide the appraisal. You may choose to handle this assessment in a variety of ways. For example, you might take an overview of Budgets and Financial Control and/or choose to focus on one detailed topic of Budgets and Financial Control and use this as your basis. Whatever you choose you must justify your choices.
The first four aspects of the Marking Scheme below also act as an indication of the topics you should use as a minimum (the inclusion of any sub-headings, if required, will remain your choice): Marking Scheme Introduction 10% Budgets and Financial Control theories 20% Application of Budgets and Financial Control theories 40% Future Directions and Recommendations 20% Presentation/professionalism of Report 10%
Financial Analysis of Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Total of 3000 words
Two topics of financial analysis to be included (compare and contrast) OR one topic in details
Professional Academic language (critical writing) for Masters Degree
Use ratios other than Net Profit Margin, Current Ratio, Earnings per Sharing.
a. Introduction 300 words: (not limited to the below)
– Scope of what you are looking at (interested in/ included in), what I’m not looking at ( to let the grader know the expectations from this study- what will be included in the report and what not will not be included because of what?-),
– Brief description of the project,
– how im going to do it (im going to look at this project through …. (for example financial analysis/ control…) through these …..
b. Budgets and Financial Control theories- 600 words: (not limited to the below)
· Theories Definitions (which will be used in the report) (academic authors: references are only from Academic Journals)
· Literature review (discussion)
· Background to the context you have chosen
c. Application of Budgets and Financial Control theories 1200 words (not limited to the below)
· Apply theories in calculations (calculations)
· Analysing (overrun? To control the project to bring it back on the track?………… , many things to be discussed)
· The part of numbers (pdf) should be included as appendix.
· For ratios analysis, minimum three years to be presented to analyse the results
· Process mapped to show the approach I have used
d. Future Directions and Recommendations 600 words (not limited to the below)
· What could be done differently,
· Particularly follow/ agree with theories.. play the theorises, the company did this but the academic literature says that this can be done and improve this and that.
e. Conclusion 300 words
-Do not give an undergrad solution, not describing only, but a brief description with the situation in a critical way.