Read the assigned readings for this week:
- Bybee, R. W. (2011). Scientific and engineering practices in K-12 classrooms: Understanding A Framework for K-12 Science Education. The Science Teacher, 78(9), 34-40.
- Lederman, N. G., & Lederman, J. S. (2004). Revising instruction to teach nature of science. The Science Teacher, 71(9), 36-39.Actions
After you have completed the readings, include the following in a single discussion post:
- Write a brief (one paragraph) summary for each reading.
- Choose one of the following reflective prompts and respond:
- Bybee (2011) describes why the Framework for K-12 Science Education emphasizes practices and engineering in science teaching. How do you see these practices being used in your future science instruction? Specifically address at least two of the 8 practices described.
- Lederman and Lederman (2004) describe the importance of students learning about the Nature of Science (NOS) through everyday instruction. How do you see yourself incorporating NOS into your future science instruction? Specifically address at least two of the 7 aspects described in the article.
- 1 point for each reading summary
- 1 point for answering one of the reflective prompts
- 2 points for complete and thorough responses