please can someone help me with this project please?
i need to submit the proposal of the project topic coloured with purple.
Topic chose (Banking System).
please read the attached project instructions/rubrics carefully before responding . thanks
Information Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design
Individual Project Assignment
The purpose of the individual system analysis and design project is to demonstrate student’s ability to apply the knowledge learned in this course to a real-world project.
1. The system analysis and design project must be realistic and it will be done using techniques covered in this course. The list of topics suggested for this project is as follows:
a) Ticket purchase system (airline, train, cruise, concert, or others)
b) Internet shopping sites (clothing, shoes, books, music, or others)
c) Local real estate agency system
d) Rental system (car, video, or others)
e) Warehouse management system
f) Student record system
g) Banking system
h) Insurance purchase system (life, medical, homeowner, or others)
i) Credit card management system
j) Library circulation system
2. The above list is meant to be suggestive and if you have an idea about a specific topic, please consult with me early to determine if it is suitable for the course.
3. You are to submit your proposed Individual Project Topic for approval via the Individual Project Topic Proposal assignment folder/link for instructor’s approval by the end of Week 2.
4. I will respond using the same assignment folder/link letting you know if I need additional information about your topic proposal and/or whether your proposed topic is approved.
The project requires students to perform three phases: (a) requirements analysis, (b) system and database design, and (c) a project plan. Note that in the phase 3, students are required to use the MS Project software for their project schedule.
The deadline for the Individual Project can be found in the schedule section of the class syllabus.
You are to submit one file (Microsoft Word) for this assignment. All diagrams and charts are to be embedded (copied and pasted) into your Microsoft Word file submission for this assignment. Please make sure they are large enough and legible. I need to be able to read them.
The following layout/format including the title page and all three phases is recommended for the project.
Title page (project name, author, and date)
Each item below is to be labeled as below and addressed individually. No topics are to be combined.
The following layout format covering a title page and all three phases is recommended for the project.
Title page (project name, author, and date)
Phase 1: Requirement analysis
A. Problem definition
F. Description of the proposed system
G. Logical model design
1. Data flow diagrams
· Context diagram (with an accompanying written description).
· Diagram 0 (with an accompanying written description).
· Diagram 1 (Diagram 1 is optional) (with an accompanying written description).
· Descriptions of processes in each diagram
2. Descriptions of outputs/inputs/performance/security or controls
H. Specific requirements, if any (interface, operational, resource, performance, etc.) (You should not ignore any special interface, operational, resource, performance, etc. issues – All are to be addressed here).
Phase 2: System and database design
A. User interface
Design an overall user interface consisting of screens, commands, controls, and features to enable users to use the system. (You are to design the screens that will be used in your project- they are not to be copied and pasted from other sources).
Be sure to include a written description for each of the items that corresponds with each screen and the input/output procedures.
1. How data will be input to the system?
· The physical layout for each input
· The input design and procedures
2. How data will be output from the system?
· The physical layout for each output
· The output design and procedures
B. Data design
Develop a plan for data organization, storage, updating, and retrieval.
1. Database design
· Database tables with their attributes should be presented
· Primary key(s) should be identified in each table, if any
· Three steps of normalization should be included. (You are to show each step of normalization to 3NF – Be sure to identify each step in your normalization process)
2. Entity-relationship diagrams You are to draw an Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) complete with Crows Foot notation. Remember that when reading ERDs the Entities and Relationships are read in both directions. Be sure to show the minimum and maximum cardinality for each direction.
3. Data file storage and access
C. System architecture
Determine the architecture of the system as Web-based interface, client/server architecture, Internet/Intranet interface, network configuration, etc.
Phase 3: Project plan
A list of tasks or activities needed for implementing the proposed system
Estimating completion time and costs (cost includes a breakdown of labor, hardware, software, etc.)
A project schedule for performing those activities (Gantt charts or PERT charts)
References are expected and are to be in complete APA format.
Note that there is no other required software package except the MS Project software in this ITEC-630 course. As a result, you are only required to use the MS Project software to handle the scheduling part of the project and for other parts, you can use any word editing software or any drawing tools software.
The individual project will account for 20% of your total points possible and students should use the APA format for the format of the individual project reports. The following rubric will be used when grading your individual project:
|Qualities and Criteria||Poor [0-80)||Good [80-90)||Excellent [90-100]|
|Format/Layout1. Presentation of the text and structuring of text in an organized and thoughtful manner1. Follows phases requirements(Weight 20%)||Follows poorly the requirements related to format and layout.||Follows for the most part all the requirements related to format and layout. Some requirements are not followed.||Closely follows all the requirements related to format and layout.|
|Content/Information1. All phases of the project are addressed and contents in each phase are adequate1. The project proposal is technically sound and realistic1. The project is done using techniques covered in this course1. MS Project software is used in the project plan1. The project design can be implemented in reality1. Activities and information are constructed in a logical pattern among phases to support the solution(Weight 70%)||The project does not cover all phases and it is not done for the most part with techniques discussed in this course. The required software is used poorly in the project plan. The project proposal is hardly realistic and the tasks proposed can not be done easily in reality. Activities and information among phases are badly designed and do not support the solution.||The project covers all phases with adequate contents in each phase for the most part and it is done with some techniques discussed in this course. The required software is used in the project plan for the most part. The project proposal is relatively realistic and some proposed tasks can be done in reality. Activities and information among phases for the most part are designed to support the solution.||The project covers all phases with adequate contents and it is done with techniques discussed in this course. The required software is used in the project plan. The project proposal is realistic and the tasks proposed can be done in reality. Activities and information among phases are designed to support the solution.|
|Quality of Writing1. Clarity of sentences and paragraphs1. No errors and spelling, grammar and use of English1. Organization and coherence of ideas1. APA style compliance(Weight 10%)||The project is not well written, and contains many spelling errors, and/or grammar errors and/or use of English errors. The project is badly organized, lacks clarity and/or does not present ideas in a coherent way and it is somehow APA style compliance.||The project is well written for the most part, without spelling, grammar or use of English errors. The project is for the most part well organized, clear and presents ideas in a coherent way and it is somehow APA style compliance.||The project is well written from start to finish, without spelling, grammar or use of English errors. The project is well organized, clear and presents ideas in a coherent way and it is completely APA style compliance.|
* Some parts of this rubric are extracted from Dr. Stella Porto’s posting for ITEC-610.