In order to become a licensed birth-kindergarten teacher in the state of North Carolina, candidates must complete a state-approved teacher education program from a regionally accredited college or university. All universities have a secondary admissions requirement to enter into the program of study within the university.Using the list of 12 public universities under the transfer articulation agreement, you will conduct research on 6 of the 12 universities to compare secondary admission requirements for the teacher education program.
For your research, select 6 of the 12 public universities listed below that offer the birth-kindergarten licensure program. Choose the 6 that you are most interested in attending.
- Appalachian State University
- East Carolina University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Fayetteville State University
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- North Carolina Central University
- University of North Carolina-Charlotte
- University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- University of North Carolina-Pembroke
- University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Western Carolina University
- Winston-Salem State University
Using this document EDU 250 Writing Assignment-Secondary Admissions Requirements (MS Word) EDU 250 Writing Assignment-Secondary Admissions Requirements (MS Word) – Alternative Formats – Alternative Formats (opens in a new download window), conduct research for each of the 6 universities to obtain the information you will need to compare universities. Once the research is completed for all 6 universities, you will write a 2-paragraph narrative on the universities you plan to apply to upon graduation from your associate degree program, along with an explanation of why you chose those 2 universities.
Use module content and university web sites to complete this assignmentedu/bb-templates/writing-assignments.html”>Writing Assignment Guidelines (opens in a new window)
The completed chart comparing the 6 universities, along with the narrative of 2 paragraphs of at least 10 sentences each
- Include a cover page with your name, course and section number, and assignment title.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
Your assignment submission will be evaluated using this rubric: EDU 250 Secondary Admissions Requirements Grading Rubric (MS Word Document) EDU 250 Secondary Admissions Requirements Grading Rubric (MS Word Document) – Alternative Formats (opens in a new download window)
I chose school #5 and #12. Please research only those two schools.