PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN ONE THREAD
Healthy People 2020 covers considerable public health topics of concern to health and healthcare policy matters. For this weeks’ discussion, students should utilize one of UMGC’s library of scholarly sources (i.e. journals) or locate a recent health-related newspaper article and select a public health or health care concern addressed in HP 2020’s list of topics and write two paragraphs on the following:
1) Identify and describe the HP2020 objective.
2) Provide background information about the extent of the problem (summary of the health issue), including relevant statistics.
3) Cite the journal article you used in APA format.
Using the problem you selected above, determine if the topic has been addressed through public policy efforts. In one paragraph, describe the following:
1) Identify where the issue falls in the policymaking cycle. Identify what stage of the public policy process the health topic is, and why you believe it fits into that stage. Reference a stage(s) of Figure 1, the US Policymaking Cycle, found in the Week 1 Course Introduction document.
2) Conduct policy research on your selected issue using UMGC’s library or online resources. Briefly discuss in what ways public policy addressed this issue (i.e. policy proposed, a policy implemented, etc.). Be sure to cite sources in APA format.