Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role and overall objectives of Financial Management
- Secure and interpret financial data from various sources including financial exchanges,
financial firms, and individual companies.
- Utilize financial analysis techniques to evaluate company performance.
- Apply present value and future value techniques to solve practical business problems.
- Understand and explain how fixed-income securities characteristics affect the financing
methods selected by companies and which key factors influence the market price of
- Apply capital budgeting techniques in evaluating and selecting investment opportunities
commonly encountered in industry.
- Apply an understanding of the firm’s cost of capital to investing and financing decisions.
- Explain the application of basic capital structure concepts can influence the value of a
- Employ effective working capital techniques specifically involving cash, accounts
receivables, marketable securities, inventory, and payables.
- Identify various funding alternatives and demonstrate an understanding of their related
- Articulate various options available to companies in distress.
- Successfully complete a financial analysis project and apply acquired skills to
managerial decision making.
Write a critical evaluation of your learning outcome. In your response, consider:
1. Consider the content of this class as they relate to financial acuity and managerial decision making.
2. Base on the course content, discuss the new skills you acquired from this class?
3. How would you apply your new knowledge of your current and/or future profession?