Step 1: Track your food over the course of a minimum of 5 days.
Place the food you consumed into a food tracker app (MyFitness Pal, etc.) or into a paper journal. Be specific with your portion sizes and quantities.
Your food journal should include the following information:
· All of the food that you consume. This includes all meals, snacks, desserts, etc.
· All of the beverages you consume. This includes water, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic beverages.
· All of the supplements, vitamins, etc. that you consume.
· Include a full weekend: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to compare to your weekday choices.
· Include any exercise or physical activity.
Step 2: Enter your food and beverages from your journal into a Nutrition App of your choice, (ex. FitGenie or MyFitness Pal).
· If you have already tracked your food in an APP, you do not have to re-enter your food a second time.
The Food tracking App must allow the option for foods and beverages to be categorized into carbs, fats, and protein- not just calories.
***If you do not have access to an app you can google each food for its nutritional breakdown. For example: grams of carbs, protein and fat***