The purpose of this assignment is to acquaint students with the popular press literature that is available on the topic of leadership. It is hoped that the student will come away having been significantly impacted by the book selected.
The book review should be approximately 750-1,000 words (do a word count on your computer; 3-4 pages) in length. The review should be more than simply a book report or summary of the material read. The student should look critically at the material presented. The main portion of the assignment should be an assessment of the point(s) that the author was trying to convey and the effectiveness of this conveyance as well as the contribution of this book to the field of leadership and the student’s professional (and possibly personal) life. Use APA 7th edition formatting.
Components to include in the book review include the following:
- Discuss the author’s main points
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the book?
- What contribution does this book make to the concept of leadership?
- How did this book change your perspective on leadership?
- How will this book impact you as you pursue a career in leadership/sport management/coaching?
- Compare and contrast the principles presented in this book with your biblical world view.