Chapter 5: Discussion
Read Chapter 5 and think about your own ideas about IQ testing in the very young. Then answer the following questions…
Do you believe babies/young children’s IQ should be tested before starting kindergarten? Explain.
Based on the results of the IQ testing, would it be fair to place some young children in more advanced or remedial classes based on the results? Why or why not?
Based on the chapter, do you believe such testing might result in disparate treatment or in identifying children as potential offenders or as being feeble-minded? Explain.
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
- As part of the assignment, you must also reply to ONE of your classmates with at least 150 words. You will have to POST FIRST to see your classmates’ postings. Make sure your replies are a thoughtful and relevant to what your classmate has posted. Try to build the discussion and keep it going.
- YOU must post your word count at the end of your discussion and the word count at the end of your reply. Your references cannot be included in your word count.