PLEASE READ THIS——–>
——-THIS IS TO BE FINISHED IN 36 HOURS——-
Mastery Negotiation 3 – (Page 592 plus supplemental handouts from Instructor)
There are two components to this mastery assignment: (1) a team exercise completed by you and your assigned negotiation partner, and (2) a written analysis of the exercise to be completed by each learner.
Time Required: 150-180 minutes. 30 minutes for group preparation, 60-90 minutes for playing out the simulation, and 60 minutes for debriefing.
Unit 6 Exercise (Team): In this exercise the class will be split up into teams. Role of the Concerned Community Coalition, Role of a Hospital Board & Administrator and Role of a Mediator. After reading the negotiation exercise and required readings for the negotiation, be prepared to complete an individual analysis explaining how the negotiation went.
Unit 6 Analysis (Individual Assignment): Prepare an analysis of your negotiation exercise after you have completed it, incorporating a minimum of seven citations from course reading. Write this analysis from the perspective of what has been learned from the readings and how you applied these principles to the negotiation. Note: Each learner must prepare and submit their own written analysis; do not collaborate with team members on the paper.
Conclusions must be well reasoned and supported with at least 7 citations from the course readings. The analysis should be a minimum of 1250 words in APA format, excluding the title page and references. Be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in the grading rubric. The objectives for this assignment are as follows:
1. Describe the negotiation: what took place? How did the offers and counters go back and forth? How was the negotiation exercise finally resolved?
2. Who do you think “won” the negotiation? Why?
3. How did the reading materials apply to the negotiation that you and your partner and/or opponent undertook, the strategies you and your opponent employed, and your respective degrees of success? Be sure to explain your conclusions thoroughly with support from the course readings.
4. How you would do things differently in the future? Why? Be sure to explain your conclusions thoroughly with support from the course readings.
· Each learner must prepare a quality, substantive paper that addresses the objectives of the assignment and the expectations set forth in the grading rubric.
· The analysis should be a minimum of 1250 words in APA format, excluding the title page and references.
· Use APA format – Refer to APA Style and the Online Writing Center resources in Academic Resources for guidance on paper and citation formatting.
o Conclusions must be well reasoned and supported with at least 7 citations from the course readings
All external cited sources must have been published within the 5 years