The Corporation Techs’ current network consists of 1 webserver (accessible by the public), 2 application servers, 2 database servers, 2file and print servers, and 50 workstations. The web server runs Linux/Apache, the other servers run Microsoft Windows Server, and the workstations run Microsoft Windows. The network is connected through a series of switches, is not physically connected to other networks, and runs Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4). The network is protected by a single border firewall. The senior network architect, whom you work for directly, has verified the company’s business goals and has determined the features and functions required to meet those goals.
The senior network architect has asked you to create a network design that includes the following components:
§ A logical topology that separates the Accounting and Sales departments
§ Redundant communications
§ Justification for continuing with IPv4 or upgrading to IPv6
For this part of the project, perform the following tasks:
1. Conduct research to determine the best network design to ensure the security of internal access while retaining public website availability.
2. Design a network configuration with physical and logical topologies. Identify major network elements (e.g., servers, switches, gateways) and their locations within the private and protected network segments.
3. Include a high-level plan that ensures communications are available 24/7.
4. Recommend whether to continue using IPv4 or upgrade to IPv6, and explain why.
5. Create a basic network diagram that illustrates the current network and enhancements. Include a few workstations to represent all workstations on the internal network. The diagram will be very high level at this stage and include only necessary details. You may use a software tool or simply pencil and paper. You will update this design later in the project.
6. Create a draft report detailing all information as supportive documentation.
7. Cite sources, where appropriate.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Citation style: APA
- Length of report: 3pages
The above submission should be three pages in length and adhere to APA formatting standards along with proper references