In this assignment, you will compare and contrast components of an operating system and general application concepts and uses.
Chapter 4 of your textbook includes a lab. You are not required to complete the lab but evaluate your computer environment to determine whether you can complete the lab.
• Use the OS utilities discussed in the chapter to determine whether your system can support Virtual Box. o Show your system’s CPU and whether it supports virtualization. If your OS utilities do not show your CPU’s virtualization capabilities, go to the manufacturer’s website, and find the technical specs. o Show your system’s memory. o Show your system’s Hard Drive space available.
• Include screenshots and narrative to support your conclusion regarding your system: does it support virtualization/can you run Virtual Box? Explain why or why not. If your system can support Virtual Box, try installing it and completing the lab. Requirements:
• Submit a Word document in APA format.
• Two-three pages in length, excluding the Title and Reference pages.
• At least two resources. Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before you write and again after you write.