Consider the following:
- Constructivists suggest that a person’s reality is unique from others. Thus, this unique reality affects what and how effective knowledge is acquired, and is affected by numerous variables such as culture, past experiences, and past knowledge.
- Humanism posits a purposefully person-centered approach to learning that includes personal growth, focus on self-development, and personal needs.
Include the following:
Explain why logical positivism would not be a supporter for constructivist-based theories? Do you agree or disagree?
- Hint: Can we “see” mental constructions?
- Compare how exogenous constructivism, endogenous constructivism, and dialectical constructivism differ, and why it matters.
- Analyze how situated cognition (discussed in Week 3) supports the suggestions made by constructivism?
- Discuss a personal experience in which constructivism ideologies explained either the effectiveness of, or the non-effectiveness of, the learning experience.
- Would you consider this learning experience exploratory learning, inquiry learning, or problem-based learning? Why?
- Identify the implications in learning effectiveness that might exist if construction of individualized knowledge is negated.
Your initial post should be between 350 and 400 words. You must support your discussion by citing the required textbook. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the APA: Citing Within Your Papers (Links to an external site.) resource. List each of your sources at the end of your posting according to APA Style as shown in the sample page for APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource.