Based on the study materials in Module 2, write a report to address the following questions:
- Define what a process is.
- Discuss the relationship between a process and a thread.
- Explain the benefits of multithreading.
- Describe in detail the purpose of a process control block (PCB).
- Use examples to compare the advantages and disadvantages of multithreading and the single-threaded solution.
Please use 2-3 different references
Using information from the modular background readings and any good quality resource you can find, write a 3-page (excluding the title page and reference pages), single-spaced report to address questions in this assignment.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Your ability to address all questions based on reading materials and your own research.
- Your ability to write a report clearly and succinctly.
- Effective and appropriate use of in-text citations to the assigned readings and other source material to support your arguments. Refer to the Trident Online Writing Lab at https://mytlc.trident.edu/files/Trident_APA_basics.pdf