Natural Disasters ENVS 103 01 W and 04 W (online)
Written Report. Due on Friday, April 23rd
NOTE: Add this Written Report to the Quiz #10 Grade
Guidelines for the Written Report on a Treatment Technology
This is a “review” type of paper. That means, the student will review and write (with your own words, please) about 2 to 5 previous research done on 1 (one) of the following contaminants:
(a) Arsenic contamination in water, after an earthquake
(b) Fungus growth on crops, after a flood
(c) Disposing Metal-contaminated sludge from waste treatment, after an earthquake
(c) Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation in water treatment, after a storm
NOTE: The student will choose ONLY 1 (one) among these 4 (four) topics
Structure of the Written Report:
1: Title (20%)
2: Abstract (20%)
3: Introduction (20%)
4: Types of treatment (20%)
5: References (20%)
Guidelines for the Written Report on Treatment Technology
· This paper may be written by one student or by a team of 2, 3 or 4 students.
· In this 100-300-word summary of three scientific papers, you should address the use and the significance of this treatment technology.
· Your description should include, but not be limited to the following:
i. The treatment;
ii. If this treatment technology is common;
iii. Methods used to reduce or eliminate the harmful effects of any chemicals;
iv. Explain how one technique may reduce the harmful effects, citing specific examples.
· You should conclude the paper by addressing any questions left unanswered and what you think would be the next best experiment to do to address these questions.
· Please include a bibliography of those papers cited in this paper.
Page 1 of 1