For your major project in this course, submit a 15 to 20 page paper on one of the last three cases in the Brown and Barlow (2017) casebook. Choose Case 18, Case 19, or Case 20. In your final paper, provide a complete explanation of the DSM-5 diagnosis. Justify your diagnosis by explaining the specific evidence from the case study that supports your diagnosis.
Include recent peer-reviewed research to support the following information related to the case:
- differential diagnosis (what disorders did you consider that may have similar symptoms, and why did you reject the other possible diagnoses?)
- etiology of the disorder (specific to the case chosen, supported by research)
- an explanation of the development of the disorder according to the biological, psychodynamic, behavioral, cognitive (or cognitive-behavioral), or humanistic perspective
- epidemiological data (of the disorder in general)
- effective treatments (based on a review of recent peer-reviewed research)