Module 4 Discussion
The due date for this assignment is Saturday, April 24 @11:59pm.
Living in South Florida has many advantages and also includes many disadvantages, including the persistent threat from hurricanes (link). From what you have learned from this class:
· What causes hurricanes? What destroys hurricanes?
· What are scientists saying about the link of climate change and hurricane activity?
· With regards to our growing population, especially along the cost, why are we especially prone to huge losses when a hurricane hits?
· With regards to hurricanes and South Florida, if you were in a position to grant or deny building permits, what would be your chief concern when assessing these permits?_______________________________________________
Make sure to:
· Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words (worth 80/100 points).
· Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
· Address all questions.
· Use proper grammar and punctuation.
· If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
· Do not plagiarize.
· You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!
· As part of the assignment, you must also reply to one (1) of your classmates with at least 150 words (worth 20/100 points).
· You will have to post first to see your classmates’ postings. Make sure your replies are a thoughtful and relevant to what your classmate has posted.
· Try to build the discussion and keep it going.