Purpose: you learned about the role of government in public health. This activity gives you the opportunity to express your opinion about the role of government in public health.
- Read Chapter 10
- Choose a country other than the U.S. and research its government’s role in public health.
- In two or more fully formed paragraphs, answer the following questions:
- What do you think the role of the federal government should be in public health? Are public health efforts worth all the tax dollars you pay for them?
- What do you think are the most important problems (besides COVID) for public health to address today?
- Describe the government’s role in public health in the country you researched. How does it differ from the United States? Explain why you think this country’s government’s role in public health is better or worse