In this assignment you will be exploring communication concepts by analyzing a mediated communication between yourself and a relational partner of your choice (friend, family member, romantic partner, co-worker).
- Choose a recent computer mediated interaction. This includes text messages, emails, Facebook interactions, SnapChat, Instagram, Skype, or any other form of mediated communication between you and your chosen relational partner.
- Analyze the interaction using interpersonal communication principles or theory from Chapters 8 (Emotion), 9 (Friendships & Professional Relationships), and/or 10 (Romantic & Family Relationships). Identify and define the concepts/theories you can see reflected in the communication and discuss the implications.
- You must use the information from your text, not from other texts or online sources.
- Please review the rubric for specific grading information related to the number of concepts you choose to use.
- You may use concepts/theories for Chapters 8 (Emotion), 9 (Friendship & Professional Relationships), and/or 10 (Romantic & Family Relationships)
- In your paper, you MUST:
- Identify each concept and define the concept in your own words (do not use direct quotes from the text). YOU MUST PROVIDE TEXTUAL CITATIONS FROM YOUR TEXTBOOK TO AVOID PLAGIARISM.
- Thoroughly explain the connection between your example to each course concept/theory.
- Discuss how you and/or your relational partner could have improved the communication during the interaction.
- Your paper should have a clear introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide appropriate in-text citations as well as an APA reference sheet
- Assignments should be typed, single-spaced, and 1 full page in length.
- Edit your paper carefully for grammar, word choice, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Organize your thoughts carefully. For each new idea, you should have a new paragraph.
- Provide clear transitions between paragraphs.