- AMA citation required
- Appropriate resources, research data, and references to support your position.
- Opinions of at least two stakeholders that are involved in the issue or problem. To obtain opinions, identify at least two healthcare or community organizations and interview staff and/or clients of those organizations who support your position.
- A compelling policy position based on your research and stakeholder input.
The format of the policy memo or letter should be as follows:
- State the policy issue and your “ask” or recommendation in the first paragraph.
- Describe the issue or problem including its significance and scope.
- Clearly address target audience
- Discuss factors contributing to the issue or problem per research/data.
- Discuss information obtained from stakeholders.
- Make recommendations about the issue.
- Acknowledge one or more counter-arguments against your position.
- State your rebuttal to those arguments.
- Summarize your recommendation or “ask” in the last paragraph.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Policy Letter: Medicaid Expansion Should Cover Substance Abuse Treatment