You intern at a large hospital around the D.C. area. The hospital has purchased Android tablets for its nurses and doctors to carry patient medical records. However, the security and privacy of those electronic records becomes a big concern. The manager of the mobile technology department asks you to research and recommend a firewall software and an encryption software for the tablets. Your recommendations should include the name of the software, the price (if applicable), a summary of user reviews, and the rationales of recommending them (rather than others). Include all the references you used.
Krissha Gold DeundoMar 15, 2021 at 5:14 PM
Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Total Security is a protection system that secures devices and data. It blocks threats like viruses, malware, ransomware, spy apps, and all the latest hacker tricks.
- Price: A three-license subscription lists for $89.99 per year, and one for five licenses costs $99.99. Upgrading to the 10-license family plan raises that price to $149.99.
- User Reviews: It gave them complete and excellent protection for their devices. It’s easy to use with good UI and highly recommended.
- Compared to Norton (Symantec) and McAfee, Kaspersky has the best protection against antivirus on the scale of 0 to 6 it has a score of 5.91 and has the best performance with a score of 5.78 according to the latest AV-Test report
- Folder Lock can lock access to files for quick, easy protection, and also keep them in encrypted lockers for serious protection.
- Price: $39.95/device; can run the program 25 times before it demands payment
- User Reviews: It allows them to protect their information safe like passwords, secure important documents, and backup all of it using one application. It’s easy to use, reliable, and friendly.
- Folder lock uses government-standard AES 256-bit encryption, and it claims to have the fastest AES algorithm around. Also, Folder Lock lets you make entire lockers into self-decrypting files that you can store on USB drives or even on DVDs. Lastly, it uses a technique called kernel-level filtering to hide the locked files and folders.
Olivia ShefflerMar 13, 2021 at 6:29 PM
Avast Premium Security
You can have 10 devices covered for $49.99 for the first year. This price is only for the first year, following years cost $89.99 per year.
Avast Internet Security is a full-scale suite, with an antivirus, a robust firewall, a simple spam filter, and a wealth of bonus features.
The Avast Price point is better than many others including Bitdefender, ESET, Kaspersky, and Trend Micro. There are 4 shields that you can access. Also includes file shredder and anti spam email filter.
When storing your sensitive files in the cloud, CertainSafe Digital Safety Deposit Box makes security its top priority, without sacrificing ease of use. CertainSafe renders bulk data breach of cloud- stored files impossible, secure file sharing, and retains past file versions.
CertainSafe as two factor authentication, create encrypted storage, and encrypt files and folders, and offers a free trial. Many other encryption software’s don’t offer the two factor authentication. I read that a con of CertainSafe is that is it relatively expensive but I was not able to find an exact price. They have the free trail and then will mostly likely project the cost.