You have been tasked with evaluating several healthcare information systems and recommending the best system for your healthcare organization. Knowing that leadership experiences with health information systems vary widely, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation to provide a high-level overview and rationale for your healthcare information system recommendation. You understand that for such an expensive and complex purchase, in-depth research must be disseminated beyond this presentation. Your first objective, though, is to ensure that leadership approaches the acquisition with a solid understanding of the basic issues. Your presentation should be appropriate to the audience, succinct, and easily understood.
In a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation:
- Evaluate at least two healthcare information systems. Select one you think works best for the organization. Introduce and define the healthcare information system you selected. Explain core functions of the system and the impact these capabilities can have on the organization.
- Explain legal and regulatory requirements for implementing the healthcare information system.
- Summarize the value of the healthcare information system in terms of:
- Improved quality, outcomes, and safety
- Improved efficiency, productivity, and cost reduction
- Improved service and satisfaction
- Summarize specific attributes of this system that are particularly noteworthy:
- Unique abilities to interface with currently implemented systems
- Alignments with other organizations within a system
- Briefly analyze key areas of concern the organization will need to be prepared to address in the implementation and evaluation of the healthcare information system.