Your boss has asked you to investigate these operations and tasks that he feels have a significant potential for injury in the manufacturing plant:
- Operating electric forklifts in narrow aisles.
- Repairing the hydraulic system on the gas-powered forklift.
- Operating the large sheet metal shear.
For each of the three tasks, do the following:
- Identify a minimum of two (or three) hazards of the operation and the injuries that could result from exposure to them.
- Determine the control measures that would eliminate the identified hazards or reduce the risk (severity and/or probability) of injury. Be sure to consider all levels in the hierarchy of controls.
- Analyze the effectiveness of each control measure by assessing the risks before and after the control is implemented.
- Provide your recommendations for which control measures should be implemented and why you chose them.
Your submission must be a minimum of two pages, not including title and reference pages, and follow APA guidelines. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations