The topic of this Homework is latitude and longitude, map projections, map scales, and modern mapping technologies. Address the following:
- What is the difference between a meridian (or longitude) and a parallel (or latitude)? Indicate the latitude and longitude of your home.
- What are the four types of distortions that can result from map projections?
- What are the three ways to indicate scale on a map?
- What are GIS, GPS, and Remote Sensing and how do these technologies contribute to more accurate and timely geographic information on Earth?
- How do you use these technologies (if any) in your everyday life?
- 2-3 pages
- Must use textbook provided to get information