The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing and analyzing articles that contribute to the healthcare industry. Reviewing healthcare literature and trends provides you with the opportunity to read about what was successful in the industry and how it was accomplished. It also allows you to analyze what was unsuccessful, how you can improve it, or at least how you can avoid repeating the mistakes of others.
In order to foster positive organizational culture, mission, and philosophy, it is important for the healthcare professional learn to respect and embrace cultural differences rather than being afraid of them. For this assignment, you will utilize the CSU Online Library to locate and choose a peer-reviewed article about organizational cultural competence and cultural differences that you may encounter in the workplace. You will then analyze the role that cultural competency plays in effective healthcare administration based on the article.
The CSU Online Library contains a great selection of databases for conducting research. The Academic Search Ultimate database is a good place to begin your search.
The article you choose must meet the following requirements:
- be peer reviewed,
- be at least five pages in length,
- be less than 10 years old, and
- relate to the concepts of cultural competence and organizational values.
As you read the article you choose for this assignment, consider the questions below.
- What is cultural competence? Why is it important for healthcare professionals?
- How do communication skills support organizational culture, mission, and philosophy and improve cultural competence?
- How can the points presented in the article help the healthcare industry improve how its professionals relate to one another as well as the patients they serve?
Your critique must meet the requirements below.
- Your critique must be at least three pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Identify the main topic or question and the author’s intended audience.
- Comment on the article by sharing your opinions on what appears to be valid and invalid.
- Discuss if you agree with the author’s assertions, and share why you do or why you do not agree.
- All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.
PART 2……This Part ONLY Need To Be A Paragraph Long
You observe a licensed practical nurse (LPN) asking a patient for a cigarette as she escorts the patient to the exam room. Is this ethical behavior? What is appropriate or inappropriate about this patient interaction? Is the LPN violating the patient’s social, personal, or intimate space? How would you, as a healthcare administrator, handle the situation?
Part 3……. This Part ONLY Need To Be A Paragraph Long
Click the link below to take a personality test, and share with your colleagues what your personality type is and what implications you think that might have on your career advancement.
NERIS Analytics Limited. (n.d.). Free personality test. Retrieved from com/free-personality-test“>https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test