Assignment: Strategies and Tactics
Strategies and tactics are used to accomplish the goals and objectives developed earlier. Strategies state what is to be done and tactics are the specific steps to be implemented. In the following Assignment, you will look at a healthcare organization’s strategic plan and analyze the relationship between strategies and tactics.
To prepare for this Assignment:
• Review this week’s Learning Resources.
• State your healthcare organization’s strategic plan. If no strategic plan is available, draft a possible strategic plan for the organization. You may look into strategic plans of competing organizations to draft the possible strategic plan for your selected organization.
To prepare this Assignment, write a 2-page paper that addresses the following:
• Indicate the name and type of the healthcare organization you selected.
• Describe the services provided by the healthcare organization and the market the healthcare organization serves.
• Identify a strategy in that healthcare organization’s strategic plan and report on (if present) or propose (if missing) one or more tactics for its implementation.
• Analyze how the tactic(s) you propose or report on support the strategy. Include a rationale justifying your tactic(s).
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources, as appropriate.
Discussion: Professional Networking and Your Elevator Speech
Louis Pasteur once observed that “chance favors the prepared mind” (Forbes Quotes, n.d.). You have probably heard of many chance encounters that led to an unexpected opportunity or a perfect job. It can happen anywhere and anytime, so you need to be ready. If you don’t want your career to be a matter of “chance,” you need to build your professional network. Having a great “elevator speech” is an important way you can prepare for any opportunity that may come your way, expected or otherwise. An elevator speech is a brief, convincing “impromptu” talk that conveys your uniqueness and professionalism in the time it takes to ride an elevator to your floor—because you never know who you may meet, or when. Furthermore, your elevator speech can contribute to your online professional profile on such sights as LinkedIn.com, where you can expand your networking opportunities.
For this week’s Discussion, you will discuss the importance of networking and branding to your career development. You will also craft an “elevator speech” that highlights your unique professional skills and knowledge.
Forbes Quotes. (n.d.). Thoughts on the business of life. Retrieved November 15, 2018, from https://www.forbes.com/quotes/6145/
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review this week’s Learning Resources pertaining to elevator speeches.
• Review this week’s Learning Resources pertaining to networking and branding.
• Create a profile or revise your current profile at LinkedIn.com.
By Day 4
Post the following:
• Post your unique 150-word elevator speech.
• Provide one example of how you can use your elevator speech in networking. Include an example location and person.
• Explain a time when networking benefited you or someone you know in the past.
• Include the link to your LinkedIn profile where you posted your elevator speech and profile.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.