Please read carefully the attached file and use plagiarism check. thank you
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Department of Business Administration
Assignment for MGT401
Deadline: 14/11/2020 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Strategic Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 401||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 5||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Assignment No: 2: Case study
· Submission Date by students: End of Week- 11th
· Weight: 5 Marks
· Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
· Learning Outcomes:
1. Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
2. Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (Lo 2.2)
3. Understand the contribution of various functional areas e.g. production, marketing, purchasing and supply management to the overall well-being of the organization (Lo 1.2.)
Read carefully the Mini case N. 33 from your textbook (entitled:Whole Foods Market (2010): How to grow in an increasingly competitive market?) and answer the following questions:
1. Explain the contribution of the different functional areas to the overall well-being of Whole foods. (1Mark)
2. Describe the growth strategy used by Whole Foods. Is it successful? Justify. (1.5Mark)
3. Explain the issues related to strategic competitive advantage of the company. (1.5Mark)
4. Suggest some alternatives (at least 3) to Whole Foods in order to reinforce its competitive advantage. (1Mark)
· Copy/paste the phrases from the text is not acceptable. You MUST use your own expressions.
· Using the terminology developed in the course of Strategic Management will be highly valued.
Good LuckAnswersQuestion 1. ………………..