Course: Organ Leader and Decision Making
This discussion topic is to be reflective of the course material. Therefore, use your own words to respond to the following questions:
1. What other topics would you have liked to have covered in this course?
2. What reading did you find most interesting and why?
3. How has this course changed your perspective or outlook moving forward?
4. Any other topic of interest that you would like to add.
Assignments given in this course: (Maybe you can use this as an overview to answer above questions)
1. When implementing change in an organization, there are always culture issues that are faced, such as not accepting change, determine how differently this would be handled thinking about the management versus leadership constructs?
2. When dealing with performing work, how is this implemented differently within the management versus leadership constructs?
3. Organizational performance is the fifth aspect of the model, reflect on the question, do certain leadership behaviors improve and sustain performance at the individual, group, and organizational level? Please explain your response.
4. There were two types of innovation addressed this week (product and process innovation), please note your own personal definition of these concepts and offer an example of both.
5. Discuss what power in the context of leadership is and how it relates to bullying within organizations. Also note how this impacts productivity.
6. Discuss what organizational culture is and how it impacts work productivity. Also, note how organizational culture impacts the success of innovation implementation.
7. How does culture impact leadership? Can culture be seen as a constraint on leadership?
8. Discuss what ethical leadership is and how it impacts the organizational culture.
9. What are the various dimensions of ethical leadership?
10. Note some failures in ethical leadership, please find an example, explain the failure and note possible solutions to fix the issue with leadership.
11. Discuss and identify leader traits and attributes that are most beneficial in implementing the best decisions in an organization.
12. Explain the differences in charismatic and transformational leadership and how both leadership styles impact organizational effectiveness. Please note how these leadership styles affect implementing new innovative technologies.
13. Review table 8.1 in the reading this week, note the work characteristics and the traditional versus high-performance focus, note which focus is best for strategic decisions and which is best for operational decisions. Please explain.
14. Discuss the key components of human resource management. Pick at least four concepts from chapter nine and describe how these concepts interrelate to individual performance on a team.
15. Review table 9.2 and select one of the dimensions listed, note why it was chosen and how you relate to this behavior. If you have a personal experience, please share.
16. How do leaders select the best talent? What are some tools they can use to select the best-talent?
17. Discuss what performance management is and how it influences effective teams.
18. Review table 11.1, define leadership behaviors (in your own words) and note which behaviors are beneficial at specific organizational activities (example: project planning, leading coworkers, etc…). Please note at least five organizational activities and be specific when responding.
19. Note at least two organizational capabilities and compare and contrast each.