Choice 2 different movies
Movie Analysis Paper
You will need to view one of the pre-approved motion pictures listed below. After viewing the movie, you are to write a 2-3 page paper critiquing the movie based on what you’ve learned about perception in Chapter 3. This analysis paper is not a plot summary of the movie, nor a discussion of your opinions about the movie.
Your goal should be an academic evaluation of the movie in which you make connections to concepts and theories discussed in Chapter 3. Your paper should include the following:
- 2-3 full pages (double-spaced) with an introduction, body, and conclusion
- Follow MLA formatting
- Discuss (3) concepts or principles, define them clearly, and apply them to the movie. For each concept, there should be a full paragraph defining and explaining what that concept means; then make a connection to the movie in the next paragraph.
- Be sure to cite your sources and include a works cited page using MLA formatting.
- Font should be 12 pt Times New Roman or Calibri
Movie Choices (select one, click on the movie’s title to view it for free)
- Inside Out (Docter & Del Carmen) – PG [ Trailer ]
- Remember the Titans (Yakin) – PG [ Trailer ]
- Shutter Island (Scorsese) – R [ Trailer ]
- The Matrix (Wachowski Brothers) – R [ Trailer ]
- Vanilla Sky (Crowe) – R [ Trailer ]
Submit your paper to the dropbox by Sunday at 11:59 pm CT of Week 2.
As mentioned in the syllabus, plagiarism of any kind will not be tolerated. Additionally, please note: Assignments which have been submitted in previous or different courses will not be accepted in this class. All work must be original to this course.
CriteriaDescriptionPoints PossibleContentWell written critical analysis, shows evidence of informed thinking.50
OrganizationWell thought out and organized.50
MechanicsProblems in spelling and grammar are absent or rare and follows directions for assignment.25
ReferencesFollows proper format for citing and includes a works cited page.25